S.2. System (S)
S.2.2 System is understood as all elements required to provide correct operation of the TECHCODE- RFID multi-compartment cabinet and to perform all functions available in the System applied in the cabinet.
TECHCODE RFID cabinet is the central element of the S.2.2 System, as it integrates the remaining elements of the System. Other elements forming the System include among others: readers, controllers, expanders, applications, software, etc.
TECHCODE RFID cabinet
TECHCODE RFID cabinet with the S.2.2 System is operated in one out of six operation modes. An operation mode chosen by the Administrator determines functionality of the cabinet and the System. The Administrator chooses the operation mode and is able to configure different settings for the System and the cabinet operation and to determine the scope of Authorisations granted to the Users.
The cabinet is equipped with LAN input (Ethernet or Wi-Fi), thanks to which the cabinet can be operated and managed via the Network.
TECHCODE RFID cabinet must be managed by the System Administrator.
System administrator (A)
Administrator is understood as a defined User, who has been granted authorisations to manage the System or TECHCODE RFID cabinets.
Administrator’s duties include entering certain data in the System (e.g. Users data), granting authorisations to particular Users and providing current administration of the TECHCODE RFID cabinets (e.g. remote opening and vacating booked compartments, taking information about malfunctions, etc.).
Defined user (U)
A User entered in the System database by the Administrator. Each time the Administrator decides, how a User is to be defined i.e. entered in the database:
1. by providing the User’s personal data (e.g. name and surname), or
2. by providing other data that identify the User e.g. serial number of the User, post, name of department, room number, etc.
Non-defined user (XY)
This is a User, who uses TECHCODE RFID cabinets, but was not earlier defined i.e. entered in the System by the Administrator.
He can use the TECHCODE RFID cabinet by means of:
1. PIN access code generated by such User
2. other access methods obtained from another, defined User of the System
Items are defined by the System Administrator. Defining consists in identifying an item with a special tag (e.g. NFC sticker, pendant, etc.) and entering it in the System. Thanks to this solution, in certain operation modes of the TECHCODE RFID cabinet (marked with *), when the compartments are provided with special readers, the System can additionally register the presence of defined Resources in the compartment (takings and returns of Items).
Identification and authorisation
In order to be granted access (Authorisation) to a cabinet/compartment/drawer or to perform certain function in the S.2.2 System, identification process must be correctly completed. Identification can refer to:
1. a User (defined or non-defined in the System). User’s Identification can be performed using a number of methods e.g. by reading certain identifiers, biometric data i.e. fingerprints, mobile phone or access data (login and password).
2. an item - identification is performed automatically by the reader that reads e.g. an identifier assigned to a given item, bar code, or QR code.
III. Managing the s.2.2 SYSTEM by the administrator
When the S.2.2. System is applied, the cabinet can be managed:
1. autonomously, from the cabinet, by means of the controller’s touch screen. This is a standard, local (default) management.
When the additional licence is purchased, TECHCODE RFID cabinets can be managed:
2. remotely - using a web browser, by means of a web application. This type of management is performed by means of encrypted communication in LAN (Ethernet or Wi-Fi).
3. remotely - using software that manages the S.2.2. System and that is available in the computer network (network management). This type of management is performed by means of LAN (Ethernet or Wi-Fi).
Authorisations granted to the s.2.2 SYSTEM administrator
- alarms - detecting and signalling anti-sabotage alarms. Alarm centre comprises a list of alarming events (e.g. forced opening, tampering, etc.) that were registered by the cabinet controller during certain period
- reports on all actions performed by a given User
- reports on events registered during the chosen time limit
- reports on events performed in relation to defined items (which User returned which item, to which compartment, and when it happened).
cabinets occupation - which compartments are occupied / who occupies particular cabinet/compartment
- registers of events and reports on the System operation. Events registered in the Reports Centre can be exported to external storage (flash drive) using USB port in the controller, to internal memory, or can be sent to e-mail address defined in Configuration window. Data can be exported in .xls and .pdf. formats.
V. Using the cabinet by the users
Users, who have completed identification and access authorisation process, can access the TECHCODE RFID cabinet. Depending on the defined operation mode, identification and authorisation can be performed:
1. from the touch screen provided with dual proximity reader that:
- reads Mifare® Ultralight/Classic/Plus/DESFire cards, or
- reads EM125kHz cards, or
- reads PIN codes of different length (4-16 digits by default).
2. using external readers; in that case identification is performed be means of methods provided by a given device (reading of particular identifiers, fingerprints, mobile phone).
Methods to use the cabinets by the users
TECHCODE RFID cabinet with the S.2.2. System is provided with integrated reader (of Mifare cards) and a touch screen by means of which it is operated. Depending on the selected identification method, the cabinet can be also operated by means of additional external readers. In that case, external readers can operate concurrently with the proximity reader integrated in the touch screen or replace it.
Scope of the user’s authorisations
The scope of the User’s Authorisations and type of actions he may perform, depend on:
- operation mode previously selected by the Administrator
- particular parameters/functions of the cabinet configured by the Administrator e.g. User’s identification method and location (e.g. which reader is to read the User’s card)
- authorisations granted individually to the User by the Administrator (e.g. possibility to choose a compartment, etc.).
VI. Modes, in which the techcode rfid cabinet can operate
TECHCODE RFID cabinet with the S.2.2 System can be operated in one of six operation Modes, which is selected and launched by the Administrator prior to the cabinet’s first operation. Selection of a particular Mode determines the Schemes and functions available for the cabinet, as well as information to be displayed on the cabinet’s screen.
Operation mode no. 1:
When operation mode no. 1 is selected, TECHCODE RFID cabinet operates in a single scheme:
Operation mode no. 2:
When operation mode no. 2 is selected, TECHCODE RFID cabinet can simultaneously operate in three schemes:
Operation mode no. 3:
When operation mode no. 3 is selected, TECHCODE RFID cabinet operates in a single scheme:
Operation mode no. 4:
When operation mode no. 4 is selected, TECHCODE RFID cabinet can simultaneously operate in three schemes:
Operation mode no. 5:
When operation mode no. 5 is selected, TECHCODE RFID cabinet can simultaneously operate in four schemes:
Operation mode no. 6:
When operation mode no. 6 is selected, TECHCODE RFID cabinet can simultaneously operate in five schemes: